Do you want to join in supporting the vibrant local community? Assist hundreds of runners complete a challenging 4.6 mile course. And help to make Townsend a better place? We want you to volunteer! Please fill out the following form and wait to hear back from our Race Director, Chip Mann or Volunteer Coordinator Kyle Fossey.
- Involves posting sponsor signs, marking the course, and clearing litter
Final course setup
- Involves setting up two water stops and placing balloons on sponsor signs
- Balloon inflating
- Hand out bib numbers & shirts to pre-registered entrants. Process race day registrations (involves handling money.) Deliver registration information to timing crew
- Collect tear off portion of bib numbers and deliver to timing crew
- Assist police officers with traffic control at intersections
- Hand cups of water to runners/walkers, keep cups filled, pick up discarded cups
Kid’s Fun Run
- Assist fun run captain
- Hand out awards to recipients
Post Event Clean-up
- Remove tables, chairs, signage, balloons and trash from Town Common.
Remove signs, balloons, and trash from race course and take down water stations. Clear and clean church hall